Friday, February 14, 2014

TAG: Book Clock

I found this tag on my friend Brit’s blog—starlessfashion.blogspot.ca—and I thought it looked like fun. I’m not going to tag anyone, so do it if you think it looks interesting, and let me know in the comments so I can check out your answers!

1) How fast do you read?
It takes me about 2 or 3 minutes to read a page in your average book, so about 20-30 pages an hour.


2) How many books do you read in a year?
Somewhere in the 40-50 range, if we’re only talking novels.

3) How many books are on your TBR pile/list?
Hundreds, if we look at my GoodReads list instead of an actual pile: 358, at the moment, to be precise.


4) Based on how many books you have to read, and how many book you read in a year, how long will it take you to get to the end of your TBR pile/list?
Assuming I read 50 books a year steadily, and never learn about or acquire any new books to add to the pile, it would take me more than 7 years.

5) How many years have you been reading?
Probably since I was 4 or 5, sooo… ~19 years…


6) Based on how many books you read in a year and how many years you've been reading, how many books have you read in your lifetime?
That’s really hard to figure out, considering that I didn’t really start reading novels until I was around 7, so that’s 2-3 years where I’m reading picture books, and I’m sure in that period I read more than 50 books a year. Then again, I probably read a bit less than 50 a year through the rest of elementary school… Maybe it evens out.

Alright, let’s assume 50/year again… 50*19=950 books. That’s a lot of books…


7) How many hours do you spend reading in a week?
That’s hard for me to calculate, since I don’t read with much regularity, but when I do read, I usually read in huge doses (like several hours in one day). There are probably some weeks that I read for maybe 3 hours (mostly class readings), and others where I’m into a book and read closer to 10-15 hours.


8) How many hours do you spend in book-related activities other than reading in a week? (Booktubing, bookblogging, book shopping, etc)
I hang out with my best friend about once a week, and somehow we almost always find ourselves in a bookstore for at least part of that time, so that’s probably a good hour or so right there shopping for books. Other than that, I don’t do too much else regarding books. So let’s say about 2 hours a week.


9) Would you like to change that ratio? (Would you rather spend more time reading and less time on book-related things?)
I don’t care much about the ratio, but I would ideally like to find more time to read for pleasure every week. The trouble tends to be finding the time between school work, my blogs, friends, family, the gym, and marathoning tv shows…

10) Anything else you'd like to add? And who do you want to tag?
I don’t think I have anything to add. And no tags; as I mentioned at the top, I tag anyone and everyone who wants to. And make sure to post the link!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...