Friday, April 25, 2014

I’m still not dead…

I can’t believe that it’s been almost 2 months since I’ve posted here, but I have been really busy with this past semester, though I did enjoy a fair bit of it more than I usually do!

In fact, only a couple days ago I finished up my last assignment, which was to create an “edition” of one of the texts we were reading for class. What that means, for those who aren’t familiar with the idea, is basically like we were making a mini book, and so we had to do the various things involved in that process. Luckily, we just did a couple of chapters instead of a whole book, as it was a ton of work as it was already!

I chose to do my project on The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, because I absolutely loved it. I chose to do my project as a website, so you can click here to go take a look at it if you want; it’d be cool if some people looked at it considering all the work I put into it! We had to write an introduction to the edition (with historical context, rationale, etc.), a note on the text (explaining decisions and edits we made, and to which copy-texts), a works cited, and the text itself, as well as any extras we wanted to include.

For my edition, I chose to compare the 1890 and 1891 publishings of Dorian Gray since there are some pretty substantial changes made which harshly affect the reading and meaning of Wilde’s story, so I presented two different chapters with the 1890 and 1891 side by side for easy comparison. I also linked to some reviews of each text on Project Gutenberg.

So yeah… that was literally hours of work. And my hands were so sore after all the necessary transcription and coding! >____<

But I’m done now, hoping to get a job soon. I just had what I hope was a promisiing interview at Old Navy. At very least, I had some fun meeting the hiring manager person and some other prospective employees. *Shrugs*

Anyway… I hope to do another book round-up type post in the next little while, as I have read tons for class, as well as on my own over the last little while. I know that’s pretty much the only thing I post here, but I’m okay with that. I could also do a post about the anime I’m watching this season, though, since there are five. Which is just bizarre. I think I’m broken!

However, if anyone wants to see anything else, do leave me a comment down below, and I shall see if I can accommodate your wishes =P

Thanks so much for reading. Have an awesome day/night/afternoon/etc. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...